Building Agreements That Work
In today’s organizations, you need to be able to reach effective agreements that resolve conflicts, strengthen relationships and further the business goals of the organization. Whether you are negotiating with colleagues, your boss, suppliers, customers or strategic business partners, you need to understand and use a negotiation process that focuses on achieving outstanding business results.
“I now have a new tool to work with that will help me in my job in dealing with others... I have more options than I thought I have—thus motivating me to employ the constructive negotiation skills provided in this sessions.”
Constructive Negotiation uses the metaphor of designing and constructing a building to learn a positive, productive way of thinking about, planning for and implementing negotiations. Rather than taking an adversarial or competitive approach to negotiation, this program approaches negotiation as a challenging opportunity to build an agreement together that meets the needs of all parties. Participants work on a real-world negotiation that they will be involved in after completing the program. Through this process, they gain the confidence and skills they need to conduct a successful and constructive negotiation.
- Analyze the process of a negotiation, know the milestones toward achieving agreement, and manage the process effectively
- Identify important underlying needs for all parties and develop options for meeting them
- Develop a plan for a negotiation
- Choose appropriate behavioral tactics in any negotiation, formal or informal
- Move others toward a more constructive approach while in an adversarial negotiation
- Create strong, lasting, mutually beneficial agreements that meet the needs of all parties and build a negotiating relationship for the future
Who Should Participate?
- individuals working in a project or team-based organization.
- individuals responsible for working with suppliers, subcontractors, resellers or service providers
- individuals responsible for customer satisfaction
- individuals involved in continuous negotiation about priorities and resources
- individuals looking for win-win approaches to building relationships
Constructive Negotiation is a copyrighted program of Barnes & Conti Associates, Inc.