Exercising Influence: A Guide For Making Things
Happen at Work, at Home, and in Your Community,
Influence is a skill-set that everyone needs; yet the necessary techniques and fundamentals of exercising influence are rarely taught. In this revised edition of Exercising Influence, Kim Barnes draws on her thirty years of consulting, teaching and observation to demystify the process of influencing others. This vital resource teaches how to accomplish more with less effort. It shows readers how to create work, family, and community relationships that are more balanced and mutually rewarding, and to take charge of their lives in a powerful, ethical, and productive way. Exercising Influence™ uses a practical real-world model that will help readers discover how to:
- Develop effective influence behaviors and a strategic and tactical approach to influence
- Plan for influence by preparing, setting clear goals, implementing, and reviewing an influence opportunity
- Design and apply an approach to real-life situations
- Resolve problems and conflicts
- Create relationships that are more balanced and mutually rewarding
- Accomplish far more in their organization with less effort
- Take charge of their professional lives in a powerful, ethical, and productive way.
What Others Are Saying...
“Kim Barnes’ book is a winner, full of wisdom and good advice about how to influence others. That’s what we all need to do all the time...this is a book that everyone can use.”
Bill Bridges, Ph.D., consultant and author, Transitions, JobShift, and You, Inc.
Exercising Influence provides a wealth of ideas and strategies for getting things done through other people.”
Pat Heim, Ph.D., consultant and author, Hardball for Women
“Kim has given us a gift to be read, practiced, and celebrated. Exercising Influence is your key to gaining influencing power in your personal, social, and work life.”
Elaine Biech, author of The Business of Consulting
About Barnes & Conti
Apps for Mobile Devices
Influence & Communication
Decision-Making & Problem Solving