Solving Problems and Responding to Opportunities
Creativity is the aptitude that has enabled human beings to survive and to thrive under challenging and changing circumstances. Research suggests that everybody has the ability to think and act creatively, but many organizations are not taking enough advantage of the creativity of their staff members. In this program, participants will learn tools and processes that will enable them to apply their own and others’ creativity in solving persistent problems and responding to business opportunities.
The foundation of individual, team, and organizational creativity is a creative attitude. An attitude that stimulates, nurtures, and supports creativity enables us to gain the greatest value from our creative resources. There are many practical tools and methods for putting that attitude to work on real individual, team, and organizational challenges.
Objectives and Outcomes
- Develop their ability to approach everyday challenges and persistent problems with a “creative attitude”
- Apply a set of tools for generating “out of the box” ideas
- Conduct an “innovation search” based on market needs, technology “push,” or strategic intention
- Frame persistent problems in a practical and effective way and generate creative solutions
- Build stakeholder support for creative ideas and solutions
- Facilitate others in thinking creatively
- Identify key challenges in their own organizations that require applied creativity
Who Should Participate?
Leaders, managers, team members, and individual contributors who need to think creatively in order to initiate innovation or solve difficult problems.
Applied Creativity: Solving Problems and Responding to Opportunities™ is a copyrighted program of Barnes & Conti Associates, Inc.