Puzzles, Mysteries, and Muddles:
Naming and Taming the Problems that
Keep You Up at Night
Most of us have learned how to solve problems using analysis that produces a “correct” or “best” solution. However, not all problems are alike, and different types of problems require different approaches to solutions. Armed with an understanding of those differences, you will be able to gain a more nuanced view of a problem situation and see how to target your approach.
Einstein said that if he had an hour to save the world, he would spend fifty-five minutes defining the problem and five finding the solution. Puzzles, Mysteries, and Muddles™ is based on twenty years of research by Jerry Talley, Ph.D., and will provide you with sophisticated insights and approaches that will enhance your success as a problem solver.
Puzzles, Mysteries, and Muddles™ is a copyrighted program of Barnes & Conti Associates, Inc.
As a result of this training, you will be able to:
- Define four distinct phases of problem solving.
- Apply key criteria to differentiate among different types of problems.
- Identify the problem type(s) that you are dealing with and the most appropriate path to resolution.
- Find high-quality solutions at the lowest possible cost in time, effort, and other resources.
- Produce a plan that is ready to execute in your organization.
About Barnes & Conti
Apps for Mobile Devices
Influence & Communication
Decision-Making & Problem Solving