Art of Communication:
Creating Shared Meaning
Within teams, cross-functionally, up, down, across, and beyond our organizations, we have to be able to communicate in order to learn from one another. We need to be both efficient and effective and have the ability to express needs directly, share information appropriately, solicit information, listen to others, and advocate positions, all while building and maintaining strong relationships.
The Art of Communication™ is a skill-development program that is focused on creating shared meaning and a common language. The skills are used for moving information and ideas efficiently and effectively within and among organizational units and with key stakeholders. In this intensive and experiential program, participants will practice three aspects of communication: message, style, and structure. They will develop their communication skills and strategy, gain insight into their communication style and its impact, and recognize and test the assumptions that underlie their worldview and that of others. They will use tools to assist them in developing plans for effective communication.
Objectives and Outcomes
- Achieve business results by more clearly stating what they expect, need, or offer
- Build relationships by effectively sharing and soliciting information and providing balanced feedback
- Identify cultural, power, and style issues that may be interfering with communication and address those issues
- Analyze their own style of communication, what impact it has, and how it differs from the styles of others
- Practice specific behaviors that will increase effectiveness as a communicator
- Plan a strategy for effective communication
Who Should Participate?
Anyone in an organization who relies on effective communication to achieve results.
The Art of Communication:Creating Shared Meaning™ is a copyrighted program of Barnes & Conti Associates, Inc.