Guiding Others Toward Results
As a leader, team member, or consultant, you may be called upon to help a group think and work together, share information, solve a problem or reach a decision, a solution, or an agreement.
Facilitating Forward™ is a skill-development program for project managers and other leaders or consultants who need to facilitate meetings in order to achieve buy-in and accomplish results. You will learn the fundamentals of facilitation including skills in observation, communication, and intervention. You will gain insights, practice with group process tools and techniques, and learn how and when to move between the roles of leader and facilitator. The skills will help you in both face-to-face and virtual meetings.
Facilitating Forward™ is a copyrighted program of Barnes & Conti Associates, Inc.
As a participant you will:
- Develop objectives for a facilitated session and design a relevant meeting format.
- Gain agreement on ground rules.
- Establish and maintain a neutral role; distinguish between the roles of facilitator and leader and be able to switch roles as appropriate.
- Manage discussions and decision-making processes.
- Observe group interactions to identify patterns of behavior, interpersonal issues, and barriers to progress.
- Select and demonstrate appropriate communication skills to encourage participation, interaction, learning, and problem solving.
- Use tools and interventions to encourage productive discussion, generate ideas, solve problems, and handle difficult situations.
What our clients say:
“This program has been an invaluable addition to our talent development offerings. It’s fun, relevant, and provides tools one can immediately put into practice at the next meeting! Facilitation is truly a skill—one that be learned—and this has helped about 75 of our internal consultants to be more effective.”
—Director, Organizational Development, National Non-profit Organization
About Barnes & Conti
Apps for Mobile Devices
Influence & Communication
Decision-Making & Problem Solving