COACH for Peak Performance
Today, the most effective organizations are learning organizations—settings in which individuals and teams are able to adapt to continually changing environments—act decisively while in uncharted territory, uncover opportunities where others see only chaos, and perform at their best when the stakes are highest. To meet these challenges, and to sustain high performance in today’s competitive environment, an organization must create a culture that promotes and supports learning and coaching at all levels and in any direction.
Performance coaching provides invaluable tools for achievers at all levels of an organization. When there is a “coaching culture” within the organization—one in which there is no tolerance for mediocre performance, and where asking for and offering coaching is encouraged—remarkable results can be accomplished.
“Barnes & Conti Associates’ C.O.A.C.H for Performance training was taught with a varied and rich approach. Trainers customized the session to suit HR teams’ needs by using real life examples and allowed opportunities for colleagues to practice using Barnes & Conti training strategies and tools. I am confident the tools taught will be immediately implemented on the job.”
— Human Resources Deptartment, Visa/Innovant
The COACH Program:
Performance is purposeful, involves preparation, happens in real time, is public and observable; the results affect the strategic goals of organizations, teams, and individuals. C.O.A.C.H. for Peak Performance builds on the knowledge and experience of those who coach outstanding individuals and teams preparing for important performances or competitions. The successful conduct of business is as much a performance art as world-class skiing, ballet, debates, or basketball. Ideas are sold, sales are won, careers are made on the basis of performance. When we are focused on an important upcoming performance, our desire to learn and improve skills is at its peak. In this program, we show you how to take advantage of this readiness to create a successful coaching relationship, and to achieve outstanding performance and business results. C.O.A.C.H. is an acronym for the skills that participants learn in the workshop.
- Define the role of coaching in performance management
- Identify the competencies involved in coaching and evaluate their own levels of competence
- Practice a set of communication skills that support effective coaching
- Analyze the role that motivation plays in designing an approach to coaching
- Practice a coaching process and related activities that build toward peak performance in others
- Promote and implement a "culture of coaching" in their organizations
Features of the Program:
The program design is flexible. It can be offered in a one- or two-day open enrollment format or in a series of shorter modules. It can be customized for your organization or for specific teams. It can be offered to groups as small as 6 or as large as 60. Other features include:
- self and other assessments
- planning guides
- focus on real-world issues
- hands-on practice and feedback
- follow-up activities
Benefits to Your Organization:
- Immediate application to improving individual and team performance
- Support for a business culture with low tolerance for mediocrity
- Greater value and more resources for learning and development throughout the organization
Who Should Participate:
COACH for Peak Performance is a copyrighted program of Barnes & Conti Associates, Inc.