Barnes & Conti President and CEO Kim Barnes was selected as one of the 100 top thought leaders in leadership and practitioners in leadership development in government, education, military, and non-profit organizations. The list of the top thought leaders appears in the November, 2008 issue of Leadership Excellence Magazine.
According to Leadership Excellence, “Those who make our Excellence 100 list possess a rare combination of traits and abilities. They display both depth and breadth, local and global awareness, conceptual originality and practical experience with application, implementation and execution.”
The criteria for the Top 100 are based on eight criteria (from Leadership Excellence):
- Preparation: academic and professional preparation.
- Character: values, ethics, beliefs, purpose, mission, integrity, walk the talk.
- Principles: big message, point of view, tenets, main points.
- Personality: charisma, style, originality, authenticity, one of a kind.
- Performance: inspiring action, real-world performance, work ethic.
- Experience: beyond local and regional, more national and international.
- Influence: difference, results, change, transformation.
- Expression: substance and style in writing, speaking, coaching, consulting, mentoring, training, or teaching.
For the entire list, please visit the Leadership Excellence Blog